Orange County Homes – Latest Real Estate News
In Escrow Must Close Escrow Before 4/22/2019 – Distressed Sale Where: 24302…
Sneak Peak Before the OPEN HOUSE… Floor Condo… Gate Guarded MacArthur Village,…
We toured the outside of the Laguna Hills Mall – the Indoor…
Looking to buy or sell Orange County Homes or Condos?
Are you planning to buy a vacation home in Orange County near the beach or inland attractions? If so, you will find what you need on our Orange County Home sales section of OCHomeDeals.com. From there, you can view all of the vacation properties for sale near the beach and inland Orange County and all cities and attractions in between.
The city was named after the headland of Dana Point, which was in turn named after Richard Henry Dana, Jr., author of Two Years Before the Mast, which included a description of the area. Dana described the locale, including neighboring San Juan Capistrano, as “the only romantic spot on the coast”. Although Dana described the anchorage as poor, it is now a developed harbor and contains a replica of his ship, the Pilgrim. The Pilgrim was used as a classroom by the Ocean Institute, which is located at the harbor, until it sank in 2020. This area is designated California Historical Landmark #189.
Historically settled by Paleoindians, the Tongva people, and then Mexico, the location became part of the United States following the Mexican–American War. Laguna Beach was settled in the 1870s, officially founded in 1887, and in 1927 its current government was incorporated as a city. The city adopted the council–manager form of government in 1944. The city has remained relatively isolated from urban encroachment by its surrounding hills, limited highway access, and dedicated greenbelt. The Laguna Beach coastline is protected by 5.88 miles (9.46 km) of state marine reserve and an additional 1.21 miles (1.95 km) of state conservation area.
Laguna Hills is built on one of the major land grants developed during the rancho era. Following Mexico’s independence from Spain in 1821, those who had served in the government or who had friends in authority, were given vast lands for cattle grazing. Rancho Lomas de Santiago, Rancho San Joaquin, and Rancho Niguel covered much of the western portion of the Saddleback Valley. Don Juan Avila was granted the 13,000-acre Rancho Niguel on which Laguna Hills is located.
In 1894, Lewis Moulton purchased Rancho Niguel from Don Juan Avila and increased the original grant to 22,000 acres (89 km2). Moulton and his partner, Jean Piedra Daguerre, used the ranch to raise sheep and cattle. The Moulton Ranch was eventually subdivided in the early 1960s, and part of the division became today’s Laguna Hills.
Incorporation efforts began in 1987 and on March 5, 1991, 86% of the residents voted in favor of forming the City of Laguna Hills. On December 20, 1991, Laguna Hills officially became a City. Subsequent annexations have included the North Laguna Hills (1996) and the “Westside Annexation” (2000) areas. The latter included 149 acres (0.60 km2) of residential land, including the Aliso Viejo Community Association’s Sheep Hills Park.
In 2004, Laguna Hills’ City Hall was moved to an existing office building at 24035 El Toro Road, which was bought and renovated by the city. The city also rents out commercial space in the building, providing the city with a positive net income.
Laguna Niguel (/ləˈɡuːnə nɪˈɡɛl/) is a city in Orange County, California, United States. The name Laguna Niguel is derived from the words “Laguna” (Spanish for “lagoon“) and “Niguili” (the name of a Native American village once located near Aliso Creek). As of the 2020 census, the population was 64,355. Laguna Niguel is located in the San Joaquin Hills in the southeastern corner of Orange County, close to the Pacific Ocean, and borders the cities of Aliso Viejo, Dana Point, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Mission Viejo, and San Juan Capistrano.
Laguna Niguel has its origins in the Rancho Niguel Mexican land grant, which was acquired in 1959 by the Laguna Niguel Corporation to develop one of California’s first master-planned communities. As a predominantly residential city, Laguna Niguel serves as a bedroom community for the job centers of northern and central Orange County. Laguna Niguel has a median household income 31 percent above the Orange County average and nearly double the U.S. average. It is known for its mild coastal climate, low crime rate, and its numerous parks and public trails.
Lake Forest incorporated as a city on December 20, 1991. Prior to incorporation, the community had been known as El Toro. Following a vote in 2000, Lake Forest expanded its city limits to include the master-planned developments of Foothill Ranch and Portola Hills. This expansion brought new homes and commercial centers to the northeastern boundary of the city.
Lake Forest has two lakes from which the city gets its name. The lakes are man-made, and condominiums and custom homes ranging from large to small line their shores. Neighborhood associations manage the lakes (Lake 1, known as the Lake Forest Beach and Tennis Club, and Lake 2, the Sun and Sail Club.) Each facility features tennis courts, gyms, basketball courts, barbecue pits, volleyball courts, multiple swimming pools, saunas, hot tubs and club houses for social events.
The “forest” for which the city is also named lies in the area between Ridge Route, Jeronimo, Lake Forest and Serrano roads, and consists mostly of Eucalyptus trees. It is also man-made, and was created in the first decade of the 1900s when a local landowner, Dwight Whiting, planted 400 acres (1.6 km2) of Eucalyptus groves in the vicinity of Serrano Creek as part of a lumber operation intended to draw development to the area. In the late 1960s, the Occidental Petroleum company developed a residential community in and around the Eucalyptus groves, which had long since expanded and grown much more dense.
Aliso Viejo (Spanish for “Old Sycamore“) is a city in the San Joaquin Hills of southern Orange County, California. It had a population of 47,823 as of the 2010 census, up from 40,166 as of the 2000 census. It became Orange County’s 34th city on July 1, 2001, the only city in Orange County to be incorporated since 2000. It is bordered by the cities of Laguna Beach on the west and southwest, Laguna Hills on the east, Laguna Niguel on the southeast, and Laguna Woods on the north.
Located 12.5 miles southwest of downtown Orlando, the Dr. Phillips Area is one of the most sought-after areas in Orlando. Centered on Sand Lake Road, just west of Interstate 4, the Dr. Phillips area is home to the world-famous Bay Hill Golf Course and many of the most expensive luxury homes in the Orlando area.
Rancho Santa Margarita is a city in Orange County, California, United States. One of Orange County’s youngest cities, Rancho Santa Margarita is a master-planned community. The population was 47,853 at the 2010 census, up from 47,214 at the 2000 census. Although it is named for Rancho Santa Margarita y Las Flores, which was in San Diego County, the city limits fall within the borders of Rancho Mission Viejo. At 20 characters long, it is the longest city name in California.
Is a great place to live, work, and play. Centered on the Central Business District with its shops, restaurants, arena, theater, movie complex, and businesses, the Central Business District has something
(Trabuco, Spanish for “Blunderbuss“) is a small unincorporated community located in the foothills of the Santa Ana Mountains in eastern Orange County, California, and lies partly within the Cleveland National Forest. Trabuco Canyon is north of the town of Rancho Santa Margarita. Plano Trabuco Road leads from the top of the canyon south to Rancho Santa Margarita.
Located 20 miles southeast of downtown Orlando, Lake Nona is one of Orlando’s fastest-growing and most sought-after communities. With its Medical City Area, Lake Nona is fast becoming a hub for
The CDP is a suburban planned community of about 4,000 homes and one of Orange County’s oldest and most expensive master-planned communities. The project began in 1968, when it was envisioned as a hunting lodge, now the Lodge at Coto de Caza, and the community was completed in 2003. Coto de Caza also includes Los Ranchos Estates, a 355-acre rural community of 75 large custom homes. Los Ranchos Estates is a separate private community behind the gates of Coto de Caza and has its own homeowner’s association.
Take Video Tours by City
Dana Point, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Lake Forest, Aliso Viejo, Aliso Viejo, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, Trabuco Canyon